Complete online pre-recruitment solution for PSU
The broad scope of work included:
- Designing assessments in the areas of Aptitude, General Awareness & 6 engineering domains including Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics & Telecommunication.
- Creating a large question bank. The size of the question bank was of critical importance as the assessments were to be delivered in multiple sessions.
- Creating an application portal
- Processing applications & screening out non-eligible candidates
- Designing assessments for 8 subjects
- Delivery of test in online mode across India through multiple sessions
- Result processing & recommending cut-offs
First, Aptech focused on the creation of a comprehensive, fair question bank:
- A panel of Subject Matter Experts (SME) was put together & a Principal Test Coordinator was appointed.
- The team arrived at a test blueprint conforming to assessment objectives. Once this blueprint was approved by the customer, items were carefully crafted & administered to a sample base of candidates and validated accordingly.
- The final question bank was created in such as way as to ensure that all candidates get an equal opportunity in terms of level of difficulty of questions.
- The entire process was conducted in a highly secure environment & none of the SME had any peer-level communication.
- The final validation exercise was conducted by the Principal Test Coordinator along with representatives of the customer.
Once this process was completed:
- The application portal was designed with the customer’s logo, look-and-feel.
- The job applicants reached the application portal by visiting the customer’s own website. Keeping multiple filtering criteria in mind, the application portal was equipped to handle a large pool of applicants.
- The test was conducted across various locations including Aptech Assessment & Testing Solutions Centres and the customer's own locations. Aptech's technical team pre-audited non-Aptech venues to ensure that they conformed to security processes. There were multiple sessions & each candidate logging into each session received a unique assessment. After all the sessions were over, candidate scores were analyzed & a percentile method was recommended for the final short-listing of candidates.
- A shortlist of eligible candidates was generated and shared with the client as well as being put up on the website.
Aptech Assessment & Testing Solutions conducted the entire process online, thus reducing turnaround time from 45 days to 7 days, post-test.
At every step, Aptech maintained utmost security conforming to the high-stake government examination standards. The results even encouraged some other public sector organizations to re-look at their pre-recruitment process & opt for the online mode the following year.
Thus, Aptech Assessment & Testing Solutions was able to make a positive difference not only to the customer's organization but also to contribute to a significant section of the industry.