Pan-India mock test
Chennai-based National University that offers hundreds of courses including engineering & medicine.
Before admission to various courses, the University conducts a nationwide entrance exam in May. 1 lakh candidates appear each year for this exam which used to be conducted as a paper-pencil test. To cut costs & speed up the process, the University wished to refashion the test as an online exam. As an initial step, they wanted to introduce a mock online exam so candidates could use it for practice even as the University gauged their reactions. The actual change in the exam format would happen the following year. The University needed a third-party provider to conduct the mock online exam in 2008 as also the actual tests, from 2009 onwards.
- All-India candidate base to be covered.
- Candidates registered for the traditional exam to be made aware of the availability of the online mock test.
- Online payment gateway to be hosted for processing exam fees.
Aptech Assessment Approach
- Contact all candidates registered for the traditional exam via print ads, e-mail & SMS, and educate them about the online mock test.
- Allow only bonafide students to register online, pay fees & appear for the test.
- Nearly 100% awareness of the online mock test option.
- Increase in candidate registration for the test.
- Successfully conducted online mock tests.
- Increase in catchment area of the University - next year, over 1 lakh students set to take the full-scale online test.